So, I jumped on the Lipsense by Senegence train a few months ago when it was pretty new. The stuff claimed to be so amazing I had to try it and of course I spent the extra money to become a distributor and save on any future purchases :) I had my doubts about the product, but overall I was very impressed - I proved myself right and went back for more shortly! I wanted to give you guys a good review before you possibly purchase for yourself or others as Christmas gifts! I have these 5 things (good and iffy) to say about Lipsense now that I've been "using" for a few months:
- It really does NOT smear off. I can immediately touch my lips after applying the stuff and my finger pulls back dry and color-free. Ben now refuses to kiss me before making sure that I'm wearing Lipsense and nothing else lol.
- It won't dry out your lips, but it's also not the best for dry lips... if that makes sense. When I wear Lipsense and apply the gloss frequently I notice my lips start to plump up and get more moisturized, so the more the merrier! BUT if I already have chapped lips from dehydration or whatever, the Lipsense will peel off as I bite or pick at my lips and get splotchy. Just be mindful.
- In the same breath, the stuff is like permanent. It won't come off without the special remover! I made the mistake of not buying the Oops! Remover to save ten bucks and now I have to wait a good 24 hours sometimes before I can scrub it off with a washcloth. This is sometimes awkward when I wear fire engine red lips for date night and want to go to the gym the next morning :)
- There are a million (or something) possible color combinations. It's like Sonic for your lips and playing and layering is so fun! At $55 for the full set it may seem expensive, but you get a lot in one single tube and don't have to reapply as often as other lip products so it all evens out in the end I think.
- You can make a ton of money selling, but you have to work hard for it. I know ladies that treat this as their job and love it, but I prefer to keep it casual and hoard the product discount mainly for myself. Also, Senegence has a ton of product outside of just Lipsense and they are all great, just less well-known for now!