Di's Delicious French Bread
If you are thinking of trying a bread recipe, this one is the one master! Yummy white bread that goes well with everything, with anything.
Prep 1 1/2 hours ∙ Cook 25 minutes ∙ Makes 60 Yield: Six large loaves or 50 mini loaves ∙ Difficulty Easy
3 Tbsp. yeast
2 cups warm water
1 cup dry milk
4 cups warm water
1/2 cup shortening (or coconut oil)
2 Tbsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
10-12 cups white flour
1. Combine yeast with 2 cups warm water and a sprinkle of sugar; set aside to soften.
2. Combine in Bosch: dry milk, 4 cups warm water, shortening, salt, sugar and 4 cups flour. Mix well; continue adding flour, 2 cups at a time until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. If you want soft bread, keep the dough soft. Knead in Bosch 5-6 minutes.
3. Remove dough hook and cover bowl with clean, dry tea towel for about an hour until doubled in size.
4. Roll dough out on floured surface and cut into 6 pieces; shape each loaf as desired; use serrated knife to cut 2-3 slits in the top of each loaf. Place on cookie sheet to rise 30-45 minutes.
5. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.