My expectations of Sweden
Hello to everyone who is reading this! It's Emily here. Been a LONG time since I have been on here and I apologize for that! But I am back and I am so excited to write this blog post for you.
I am off to Sweden this summer for two WHOLE months! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! I am going to Sweden to be with my boyfriend for the summer. William was born in Sweden and although his career has brought him to Vegas, he goes back to Sweden every summer to train and be with friends and family. So that is why I will be off in another country for the Summer. I am so nervous and so excited all at the same time. I have never been to another country before...well thats kind of a lie. I have been to Mexico but it was a short flight and I wasn't there very long and I technically didn't get to enjoy it so much since I didn't get to have my phone and take awesome pictures and explore! I was just there to film Bachelor in Paradise. So I think it is safe to say going to Sweden this summer is my first official time out of the country! I have no clue what to expect but I want to share with you some of my expectations and then once I get there I will write another blog about the reality of it all! So here are my expectations going into another country for the first time and what I am most excited and nervous about!
1. It is an 11 Hour flight....ouch! That is what I am MOST nervous about I think. I hate flying and I feel like I am not a good sleeper. I would love to sleep the whole time but I don't know if I will be able to! I have packed an adult coloring book, movies, downloaded many games on my phone and I plan to buy wifi. If anyone has anymore useful tips on how to survive a long flight please comment them below! Any advice is helpful.
2. Packing! I am going to be there for 2 months but I only get to check 1 bag for free and I can also have 1 carry on for free! I typically over pack but for this trip I am trying to pack light. It is all about minimalism isn't it? haha.....yikes! I have managed to pack everything in one big suitcase and one carry on! Hopefully I have enough clothes! I will link to my instagram account some of my outfits I have packed and that I am excited to wear. Most of it is from www.Revolve.com shocker! ;)
3. Next thing I am nervous about is food. I think William is nervous for me too when it comes to the food as well! Luckily there is a lot of Mcdonald's out in Sweden! The closest thing I have tried to Swedish food is the meatballs at IKEA! Which are very delicious by the way. I wish I wasn't such a picky eater but i am going to be very open to trying new things when it comes to the food in Sweden.
4. What I am most excited about is of course being with Will but also having him show me all around Sweden. I can't wait to see what it is like out there! I am assuming it is very green and from all the pictures I have seen it looks very colorful. All the buildings are older looking and painted with fun colors. I cannot wait to see some of the history out there! I can't wait to meet more Swedish people and see what life for them is like! I also of course hope to pick up on their language! I have been taking some Swedish lessons on my duolingo app! I am not very good...
5. Weather! I can't figure out if I should pack mostly summer clothes or mostly winter clothes. Will told me the weather changes all the time. One day it could be warm and the next day it could be cold. I am use to the desert heat and not to the cold. So I am assuming it will mostly be cold out there to me so I packed more on the warmer side! Sweaters, Cardigans, Jeans, Sweatpants and hoodies!
6. I am overall expecting it to be an amazing trip and for it to feel like home. If things continue to go as great as they are, Sweden will be my home every summer! The way Will talks about Sweden and tells me how much he loves it makes me want to love it just as much as him but only time will tell!! I will update you all on my trip and follow me on insatgram to see all my adventures this summer! @efergie13