Haley's Make Up Must Haves
I have been getting a ton of questions about my makeup...I have a post from awhile ago that I shared with all of our Blondesense followers, but I will go ahead and update everything and get this blog post up at the top so you all can see it! Just so you all know...we do have a YouTube channel, although it isn't the best quality videos we are working on some new content for you all. You can get the basics from our current videos for now though! YouTube Channel Link I personally am not a super huge fan on the dewey look...I prefer more matte skin so all of the foundation products I use are for a matte finish. My eyeshadow has a hint of glitter in it...and my highlight obviously adds a nice natural glow but it isn't liquid so it allows my skin to look a little more natural. Now ladies...it took me YEARS to figure out what looked best on me. I went through many phases...as you have noticed I always do a cat eye...it looks best on my almond shaped eyes, so I usually only stick to that look. I suggest checking out a TON of YouTube videos to find out what looks best on you and then practice, practice, practice! A few of the YouTubers I suggest you look into who helped me fall in love with makeup are Jaclyn Hill and Lauren Curtis . I would start with Lauren Curtis to get the hang of things, I think Jaclyn Hill's stuff is a little more advanced and even I have a difficult time trying to keep up with her! Hope you all enjoy!
Makeup Must Haves
- My all time favorite foundation in the Luminous Silk Foundation by Giorgio Armani. It's a little more on the expensive side but it's worth it. If you are looking for a more affordable foundation I also like Born This Way by Too Faced.
- I have very fair skin which makes the bags under my eyes super dark...the concealer I use to conceal my under eyes is Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer it's amazing and I have used it for years now.
- Now this is the trick I use to keep my foundation in place all day long...even when I'm sweating profusely, this is something I highly suggest you invest your money in...you ready ladies, here it is. Translucent Loose Setting Powder by Laura Mercier followed by the Urban Decay Setting Spray. Now don't be afraid to spray this all over your face...it helps your make-up last all night. I use this after my foundation and then again when I have finished all of my makeup.
- How I keep my eyeshadow on all day is with the NYX Eyeshadow Base. I have tried a few others and this is by far my favorite. Apply this all over the eyelid before applying any eyeshadow.
- My favorite eyeshadows are made by Makeup Geek I built my own palette with all of my favorite colors. But it can get a little pricey. If you are looking for something more affordable Morphe Brushes makes this amazing 350 Palette for only $23!
- Now for the coveted cat eye...the eyeliner I use that NEVER smears that lasts all day long, the only liquid liner I will ever use...Almay Liquid Liner. I have tried many others but nothing even comes close to this liner. But without scotch tape to help create a straight line I would not be able to achieve the perfect cat eye.
- Contouring the face was something that took me a very long time to perfect.But with the Hoola Matte Bronzer by Benefit Cosmetics I achieve the perfect contour every single time! The brush that comes with it is amazing.
- Time for some rosey cheeks! I am going to make your life se easy right now! Jaclyn Hill just came out with split duos of blush and highlighter all in one! Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Splits. I LOVE champagne pop highlighter but her blushes are also very beautiful!
- Eyebrows...very important. I have found the best eyebrow pencil that will change your life forever Brow Wiz by Anastasia Beverly Hills. Check out my girl Lauren Bushnell's Blog about Brows Speak Louder Than Words!
- How do I get my mascara not to run, I am not sure I must have the magic touch...lol just kidding! I do not use water proof mascara so I don't know how it doesn't run when I cry but I do love my One by One Maybelline Mascara. Unfortunately they discontinued it and I can only find it on Amazon...MAYBELLINE BRING THIS MASCARA BACK! Another personal favorite is Huge Extreme Lash Mascara by Stila.
- LIPS. I like to typically keep my lips pretty natural...on occasion I will put some red lips on. (Lipsense is a new company out that has an amazing product that is smudge-proof, water-proof, and lasts up to 18 hours! Use distributor ID: 206177) My go to lip gloss is the NYX Butter Gloss my favorite color is Tiramisu.