12 Reasons You Need to Visit Lifetime Athletic
Hey guys! I just wanted to write up a quick post here while I'm thinking about it on my main workplace, Lifetime Athletic Green Valley! I've worked at Lifetime for about a year and a half now, since Grand Opening in 2014, and still enjoy it very much. I get a ton of questions from family and friends who have never stepped foot in this place asking about what it's like, what kind of amenities there are, how employment is, etc. so I thought I'd let you in on enough info to decide for yourself whether a visit is worth your time or not considering this place is super pricey! I started working at Lifetime as front desk staff, quickly promoted to a Member Services Supervisor before Grand Opening. Then, eventually, I moved outside to the pool as a server, where the real fun happens!
Before I was even hired on I was required to commit our mission statement to memory: "Our mission is to provide an entertaining, educational, friendly and inviting, functional and innovative experience of uncompromising quality that meets the health and fitness needs of the entire family" There is an emphasis on entertaining here. The mission statement originally read listing educational first, then swapped out to emphasize entertainment. These clubs have a fun, energetic vibe and are anything but boring.
Watching this incredible building go up right off the 215, between Pecos and Green Valley Pkwy, sparked a buzz in our community for sure. I even referred to it as "the great and spacious building" from the beginning! This Green Valley location was a project costing upwards of $25 million dollars with the aim of being the best club built thus far. The building is over 170,000 square feet when all is said and done, with minimal storage (trust me) and sits on 16.5 acres right next to Green Valley Ranch Resort and The District.
Lifetime isn't like any other gym I have ever heard of or been to. I describe it as more of a country club/resort/gym hybrid actually. Thousands signed up before the doors were even open, the hype was so big. We call these people our "founding members" and impressively, most stuck around even after months of shoveling out the dough. This place is worth it.
Here are just a few of Lifetime's amenities that are above and beyond Eos, Anytime and LVAC's combined:
- A cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner where "If it's here, it's healthy." is the motto. Here you can find an array of fresh smoothies, protein blends, nutritional supplements, Ultimate Bowls, etc. all made with high quality ingredients.
- A full-functioning MediSpa and Salon offering a range of services from Botox to hair extensions to athlete-specific massage treatments.
- A Metabolic Testing kind of lab where personal trainers and nutrition specialists can determine a unique plan of action in line with your health score after blood tests, monitoring your heart rate, measuring body fat percentage, etc.
- A chiropractic clinic.
- Eight indoor and four outdoor tennis courts that may or may not have put ClubSport out of business, yikes!
- Indoor and outdoor leisure and lap pools, heated year round. (and two seriously speedy slides!)
- Two full-sized basketball courts and a seasonal UHoops league with a website complete with stats and everything.
- A Yoga studio with the capability of being heated.
- A Pilates studio with reformers.
- An entire functional training area with TRX bands, battle ropes, platforms, and more state-of-the-art equipment for the more CrossFit-minded individuals.
- Not just a play place, but a full-on "Kid's Academy" where children are able to participate in kiddy Yoga, Gymnastics, Dance, Karate, etc. classes and even have supplemental activities like Spanish Immersion and Arts and Crafts to keep their minds and bodies busy while you are working out.
- A pool bar and bistro (try the flank steak sandwich), along with fire pits, cabanas, and live entertainment on the weekends. Come visit me here, it's paradise!
If I haven't convinced you yet, a membership to Green Valley's diamond location includes access to Summerlin's location, which boasts a rock wall, Squash courts, and turf as well.
To be fair, I have to tell you my least favorite things about this location before I can end this post. 1.) There is only one Smith machine. 2.) Women will walk around flaunting their Lululemon and botox like it's their job at this place. 3.) I can't think of a three...
If you think you need a little Lifetime in your life, don't be shy! Call them up for a free day trial (tell them Mace sent you), show up for a tour without an appointment, inquire about pricing online, or come with me on a buddy pass! You won't regret it :)